My Story.I was born and raised in Santa Ana, (Orange County) California until my family moved to north Portland (St.Johns) , Oregon. It's a blessing to be able to call both areas home. Santa Ana is where my soul is rooted and Portland is where my curiosity and love for writing began to grow. Starting at the age of 13 journals and pens became my comfort zone. I’m a mother, a Latina woman, a mentor, a life long learner, and most of all a passionate writer. I've earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication and Advertising Management from Portland State University. My drive and purpose is to use my writing, whether that is through creative writing, copywriting, public relations, social media blogging or mentorship, to help create change in my communities and inspire others. The power that words hold is something I cherish deeply in my soul.
Continue to watch me grow.
- Develop a program center around Women Envision
- Build community through mentorship and advocacy
- Create meaningful messages with my writing
- Remain full of purpose, empathy and happiness
My long and short term goals are one big combination of never ending hard work that takes passion, purpose and a vision. These goals are a reflection of the woman I see myself becoming as I continue to grow.
Get to know me
- The writer, author and novelist who captured my heart:
Zora Neale Hurston 1937 novel, “ Their Eyes Were Watching God” along with the 2005 film based on the novel.
- For the love of world maps, geography and history: I can get lost in my imagination while viewing world maps. Picturing the history and the places I’d like to visit. Just to name a few; Spain, Egypt, Nigeria, and Thailand.
- Music genres that touch my soul:
Jazz, R&B, ,Hip-Hop / Rap, Cumbia, Ranchera
- Podcast favorites:
Oprah’s Super Soul Conversations, The Breakfast Club, NPR- Latino USA, Small Doses with Amanda Seales, The Daily, Hey, girl.